Protecting your privacy is important to me
I am committed to protecting your personal information whether by individuals with whom I do business, visitors to and users of my website.
I shall always be transparent with you about how I am using your details and shall process your Personal Data in full accordance of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
This Policy Notice explains what Personal Data I collect, how I use and manage it and the rights you have in relation to your Personal Data.
Before you provide me with any personal data or browse my website, please read through this policy notice in full and make sure that you are comfortable with my privacy practices.
Who am I?
Hannah King Copywriter is the trading name of Hannah King, a sole trader registered in England and Wales – my full contact details can be found at the end of this notice.
This privacy notice covers all information held by the organisation be it captured by electronic means, paper records, in person or via social media. This policy covers my main website.
Principles for processing personal data
My principles for processing personal data are:
- Fairness and lawfulness, when I process personal data, the individual rights of the data subjects must be protected. All personal data must be collected and processed in a legal and fair manner.
- Restricted to a specific purpose, the personal data of Data Subject must be processed only for specific purposes.
- Transparency, the Data Subject must be informed of how his/her data is being collected, processed and used.
Why do I collect Personal Information
I collect personal data for a variety of reasons to offer my services to you and to comply with my legal duties, including for the purpose of fulfilling my contractual obligations for my customers, to notify you of any changes to your services and to provide you with information in relation to similar goods and services that may be of interest, to administer my website and help improve my products and services.
Whose personal data do I collect
Hannah King collects personal data from a range of individuals in the context of my business activities, including but not limited to:
- Representatives of my suppliers, customers and other business contacts
- Users of my website, social media
- Individuals who contact me by any means
- Job applicants
How I collect your personal data
I obtain personal data which is knowingly and voluntarily disclosed to me, both in an online and offline context. I collect personal data when you:
Visit my website, and/ or complete one of my forms; contact a customer service centre or request information from me in any other way including but not limited to;
- Visit mine or your premises
- Submit an order to me
- Communicate with me via phone, websites, social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies
- Subscribe to my blog, newsletters, emails or visit one of my trade counters at an exhibition
What Personal Data do I collect
Given the diversity of Hannah King’s wide customer base, the personal data that I collect will vary. Some of my customers may have a contract with me for their own personal use. Other customers may take the form of companies or private businesses.
The information I collect in order to meet my contractual obligations will therefore include but not limited to the following (where appropriate):
- Job title
- Photographic identification
- Phone numbers
- Voice communications
- Facsimile numbers
- Email address
- Details of your business and other interests
- Communications with you including notes from meetings and phone conversations
- Financial and payment information
- IP address, Access codes and passwords to enable me to maintain your systems and verify identity
I record certain telephone communications with time and date to and from my land-line number to comply with the Regulators, details of the length of time the recording is kept can be found below.
- I keep recorded telephone communication for 3 months.
- For any recorded communication relating to incidents to social alarms then they are kept for 12 months.
Who will I share your personal data information with and why
Hannah King may share your personal data with people within the company who have a “need to know” that data for business or legal reasons, for example, but not limited to the examples below:
- Administrative functions such as processing an invoice, or to direct a query that you have submitted to the relevant department at Hannah King.
- Sales and Site surveyors
I may disclose your personal data to third parties including but not limited to:
- To respond to Legal request or comply with a legal obligation
- External monitoring centre
- For the purpose of seeking legal or other professional advice
If you would like to know who I have shared your personal data with, in detail, please contact me using the contact details provided at the end of this Privacy Notice.
Legal basis for collecting and processing personal data
Hannah King’s legal basis for collecting and using personal data as described in this privacy notice (statement) depends on the personal data I collect and the specific context in which I collect the information.
I will process your data under my legitimate interests, to comply with the law, contractual obligations, employment legislation and, also where applicable, with your consent.
How I store personal data and Retention of personal data
I store all personal data on my secure drives, any password, access codes, IT addresses are stored on a separate secure drive which limited to a certain number of “need to know” personal. My Websites servers are hosted by 1&1 and Google cloud-based services. I will keep your information for no longer than is necessary in accordance with any statutory time limits and regulator best practice guidelines, but the following will give you an idea of how long I shall retain your information.
Employee data: 7 years after an employee leaves. Pension data and certificates for medical tests, for example, eye or hearing tests, will be kept indefinitely.
Recruitment information: CV’s and applications for unsuccessful candidates will be deleted 1 year after campaign unless the candidate has consented to a longer retention period.
Client information: For as long as a working relationship is active and then 7 years following last activity.
Enquiries: 24 months, I retain for this period for any client that does not sign up as often enquiries can take this period of time to come to fruition. For existing clients please refer to client information.
Financial information: 7 years after last Activity
Data Protection rights
Your rights are detailed below, and you have a right to ask me to stop processing or remove certain types of personal data, especially sensitive data. Where there is no overriding lawful reason why we need to do this, I shall always honour your request. Contact details can be found at the end of this Privacy Notice.
The Data Protection Act 2018 and GDPR affords Data Subjects (that is people whose information we capture) certain rights and these are listed below for your convenience:
- You have the right to access a copy of the personal information I hold about you by making a Subject Access Request (DSAR), you can do this by phone, in writing or by email to Hannah King, for the attention of Data Protection Officer (Full contact details are provided at the end of this Privacy Notice) I will have to verify your identity before we can proceed.
- You have the right of rectification to amend or update your personal information and ensure I maintain accurate and up to date records and or data about you.
- You have the right to delete the information I have on you, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The broad principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing by Hannah King.
- You have the right to restriction ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal data. Processing of your personal information may be restricted in the event it is no longer essential to support the use of services provided to you and/or not part of any contractual, legal or financial requirement to do so. Hannah King is permitted to store the personal data, but not further process it.
Hannah King may retain just enough information about you to ensure that any restriction is respected in future.
- You have the right for data portability which allows individuals to obtain and or reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information based on consent, my legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest or exercise of official authority, direct marketing.
- You have the right to ask me to stop sending you withdraw consent direct mail or email.
You can read more about your rights at https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/
Complaints or queries
I try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information.
For this reason, I take any complaints I receive about this seriously. I encourage people to bring it to my attention if they think that my collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. I would also welcome any suggestions for improving my procedures.
If you have a concern, inquiry or complaint about how I have used your Personal Data please use the contact details below. Please note: you will be asked to prove your identity before any personal information can be released.
Hannah King, a sole trader registered in England and Wales.
Registered address: 4 Spring Valley Drive, Bramley, Leeds, LS13 4RN.